Saturday, March 8, 2014

How To Turn Your Dry Hair to Healthy Hair

Does your hair feel and look dry? Do you have brittle or porous hair? Do you want soft and nice healthy shiny hair? Of course you do...here are some tips and steps to achieve this goal. 



First you would want to chose a good conditioner. One of my favorite conditioner is the Biolage Conditioning Balm Continuous Moisture for Dry, Stressed Hair. I use this conditioner after I use my Biolage Hydrating Shampoo. 




I'm not sure if I'm like any other but I usually ALWAYS use conditioner every time I wash my hair but it's recommended to use a moisturizer for your hair at least 2 times a week. At first when I bought the conditioning balm I thought "What a small bottle or container" but a little goes a long way people! 




I bought this duo conditioner and shampoo to hydrate my hair after an intense hair coloring and highlighting. Long story but I had my hair bleached one day and bleached and toned again the next day because the first person messed up my hair and I looked like a rooster! ahhhh! Anyways, so my hair was very stressed and breaking all over. So I've been using these products for the last 4 weeks now and I can say that my hair looks and feel 100% better! But like I said, I use conditioner every time I wash my hair and that's about every other day. 

Another alternative is the Garnier "Color Shield." I use this when my hair is pretty much healthy but I want to keep it nice and shiny with this "Cheaper Drug Store" brand. I think I paid about $35 for the Biolage conditioner and shampoo but the Garnier is less then $10.

Tip: Apply your hair moisturizer or conditioner and let it set on your hair for about 2-3 minutes while you wash your face and your body. This helps the conditioner absorb into your hair!

Second, apply some kind of oil or serum on your hair. Hair oil will replace what was lost during your hair washing routine. The oil will help hydrate and moisturize your hair and also make it look shiny. Especially when you are styling your hair with a blow dryer or straightener, apply the oil on before you use these heating tools on your hair.

The Chi Silk Infusion is one of the best hair oils I've used. It helps strengthen the hair and at the same time make it shiny and soft.





Here are some possible causes for dry hair besides heating tools:

  1. Shampooing too often (too much is bad for your hair and scalp) Click here for more info!
  2. Any product with alcohol on your hair can cause it to be dry.
  3. Not drinking enough water.
  4. Weather
  5. Improper hair pH
  6. Medical condition: malnutrition, hypoparathyroidism, anorexia nervosa, etc. 
  7. Scalp does not produce enough oil to moisturize your hair naturally.

It's always good to drink more water! Shampooing your hair less frequently and using conditioner will help your hair look more healthier. What I've learn from my Anatomy and Physiology professor is that the oil your scalp produces helps your hair look and feel shiny. I know some people do not like the oil or smell that your scalp releases but it's good for your hair....

Thanks for reading everyone, I would love to read your thoughts and response. 

No comments:

Post a Comment